How Silently

It’s strange how one little phrase of a song, touched with God’s grace, can open up a new understanding, almost on a subliminal level. I had an experience like that in church this morning.

“How silently, how silently, the wondrous gift was given.”

As I sang those words, I had a vision. I was up in the sky above Bethlehem, looking down at a small stable, surrounded by the darkness of a quiet night. Then, suddenly, a feeble cry wafted up through the dark quietness. It came from an animal feeding trough.

Was it a feeble cry? Quite possibly. It makes sense, from God’s perspective. The perspective that is opposite of ours.

God became feeble, helpless, vulnerable. He became a small thing, for us.

Comments

Unknown said…
I'm so thankful for that Holy night when God sent His only Son as our perfect gift.

Many blessings, Ginny!

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Growth

Four Types of Besetting Sins and Three Reasons to Avoid Them!

A Risky Business